Monday 1 April 2013

I am rubbish....

I admit I am totally rubbish at keeping up with this blogging malarky!

You may have noticed that I was a little obsessive to say the least in the beginning with this personal blog!

Well, I always have plenty to say and share but I don't always put pen to paper (well fingers on the keys to be precise!)

I am not gonna promise to be any better now!  But thought I could share a couple of pics from my recent R&R!

I have just had a couple of days off on the sunny IOW (it was sunny for some of the time - but blooming freezing just the same!) 

I took, what I call my compact camera with me - D200 DSLR to be exact and a kit lens - just because it was light and easy to carry and good enough to capture my memories!

These two images taken on different days as you can see!  Saturday it was quite grey and I took myself off for a drive round the island and stopped on the cliff top to get the first image of the amazing island coastline!  It was freezing cold and almost froze my fingers in seconds!  But worth it I think!

The second image of the guns at the Royal Yacht Squadron which I took on Sunday in the glorious sunshine.  

In August these guns will be firing on all cylinders (not sure if that's the right phrase!) but they will be starting all the racing in Cowes week!

It's a long time since I have been to Cowes yet alone Cowes week, but the atmosphere in Cowes week is absolutely brilliant and if you ever get chance to go just do it!
  
You will have to rob a bank to stay over there for Cowes week as the prices go sky high but it is worth a day trip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments - be great to hear from you!