Monday 22 July 2013

Well women don't read instructions do they

One of my new cameras is a Nikon D7100 and I use it as a backup camera for weddings and portraits.

However, I have used it loads for personal photoshoots - ie out and about with grandchildren!  It is light and easy to use, compared to my D800 with battery pack!

Consequently I took it over to Cowes for the last few days, together with my 70-200 prime lens to take photos of the yacht, Cisne, that t'other half was sailing on.  Oh and, of course, I took a few pics of other yachts too!  Well you have to don't you when you have camera in hand - be silly not to when yachts such as Magical Mystery Tour and Yellowdrama are sailing too!

To my surprise after I had taken a photo of the sponsor's boat (Gazprom), along with ferry and helicopter - I looked on back of screen to find a completely different photograph than I thought I had taken!

  Ouch!  When I shoved the camera in my bag to run along Cowes seafront the switch on the top of the camera must have got accidentally knocked to 'effects' (I have to be totally honest with you - I had no idea there was such a thing on the camera!  
Well I am a woman and as you know women never read instructions - not this one anyway!)

As I shoot in RAW format, I wasn't too concerned - however on upload to computer I actually rather liked the image!  Don't think I will make a habit of it though - note to self 'check switch on top of camera before shooting!'

So here you go Gazprom Swan Europeans Regatta 2013 sponsor yacht and helicopter together with the Isle of Wight Ferry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments - be great to hear from you!