Monday 18 March 2013

Small pleasures that enrich your life

You must be wondering what on earth brought me on to this?  Well it was watching Comic Relief with Graham Norton!  He asked the question of Kirsty Allsop 'What is your favourite household chore?' and she says 'hoovering behind the fridge'!!  (umm? maybe if I had hoovered behind mine it wouldn't have broken down!)  but honestly can that be something that people do as a matter of course?  Really?

And what is my favourite household chore?   Cleaning my oven!! I hasten to add that this isn't something that gets done as a matter of course either! But I would if I had the time! :)

Do you know what?  I may just write a simple pleasure down each day - it's gotta be worth doing, especially after watching so much sadness on Comic Relief, to make me feel grateful for the little things!

So what are the small pleasures that enrich your life?
Maybe a simple cup of coffee and time to reflect on memories such as these?  My little grandson used to love making spaghetti bolognese (not really of course but he was very good at pretending and imagining!)
and he was very serious about it too - as you can see! 

I wonder if that will be one of the simple pleasures in his life when he gets older?  
Dare I say it? 'Just like his dad'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments - be great to hear from you!